Michel Design Works designs and manufactures high quality, elegant and affordable products for every room in the house, from personal care, to home décor, to kitchen and tableware.
We are growing, and always looking for talented, creative and motivated people to join our team. See below for current openings.
Do you have strong production and packaging skills? Can you work with beautifully detailed art and manipulate it within complex die lines? Can you take a project from conception to completion, including preparing final files for print? If so, we want you to be part of our in-house team! You will be working directly with the Senior Art Director and Production Manager to develop personal care and home decor products for the gift industry. The successful candidate must be highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and have project management skills with on-time completion. You will be expected to work on current designs, research new concepts, produce mock-ups and brainstorm ideas for new product releases.
• Work within existing die lines to create production-ready package designs for the gift industry
• Rework existing art for new product types
• Pull from our existing library of art to create new design concepts
• Collaborate with the Design Team on trends, concepts and design
• Minimum 5 years post-graduate working experience
• Experience within the gift industry
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
• High proficiency in working with complex die lines and packaging
• Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principals, color, typography
• Expertise in packaging production layout for the gift industry
• Be a team player with a keen sense of humor
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
If your strength is editorial, print ad or pure illustration, this is not the right position for you.
This is an onsite position in Katonah, NY. You must include a cover letter outlining your specific skills that apply to this position as well as a resume with a link to your portfolio. Send cover letter, resume and portfolio link to email@example.com.