Michel Design Works designs and manufactures high quality, elegant and affordable products for every room in the house, from personal care, to home décor, to kitchen and tableware.
We are growing, and always looking for talented, creative and motivated people to join our team. See below for current openings.
Do you have strong production and packaging skills? Can you work with beautifully detailed art and manipulate it within complex die lines? Can you take a project from conception to completion, including preparing final files for print? If so, we want you to be part of our in-house team! You will be working directly with the Senior Art Director and Production Manager to develop personal care and home decor products for the gift industry. The successful candidate must be highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and have project management skills with on-time completion. You will be expected to work on current designs, research new concepts, produce mock-ups and brainstorm ideas for new product releases.
• Work within existing die lines to create production-ready package designs for the gift industry
• Rework existing art for new product types
• Pull from our existing library of art to create new design concepts
• Collaborate with the Design Team on trends, concepts and design
• Minimum 5 years post-graduate working experience
• Experience within the gift industry
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
• High proficiency in working with complex die lines and packaging
• Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principals, color, typography
• Expertise in packaging production layout for the gift industry
• Be a team player with a keen sense of humor
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
If your strength is editorial, print ad or pure illustration, this is not the right position for you.
This is an onsite position in Katonah, NY. You must include a cover letter outlining your specific skills that apply to this position as well as a resume with a link to your portfolio. Send cover letter, resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCING TEAM ASSOCIATE
Department: Product Sourcing and Development
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, identify, and help develop manufacturers capabilities with a keen focus on quality, construction and Brand alliance
- Negotiate pricing, terms and compliance within company standards
- Manage New Vendor Forms and existing Vendor Quote Forms
- Adherence to Critical Dates and Calendars; Establish realistic time lines, monitor potential delays and work closely with merchandising and inventory to insure on time delivery
- Help identify new product concepts and new materials
- Deliver weekly status reports to Product Development and Inventory Team
- Overseas and Domestic Travel required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hard and or soft line sourcing. Gift/Home experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of various manufacturing processes
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and accept accountability with a strong sense of ownership of work
- Excellent computer skills. MS Office, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
This position reports to the Director of Sourcing at Michel Design Works, and is an onsite position in Katonah, NY. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.